Along Mount Vernon Avenue in Del Ray on Saturday, October 7 from 10am-6pm, you’ll find: Art on the Avenue, a multicultural arts festival celebrating our community’s diversity through the arts in Alexandria, Virginia. There will be entertainment for all ages, art activities, food and over 300 artists displaying and selling their work all along Mount Vernon Avenue. Art on the Avenue is sponsored by the Del Ray Business Association.
Artists at Work
Directly in front of the gallery during Art on the Avenue, Del Ray Artisans presents artist demonstrations (Booths W192 and W193). Come see these artists work:
- TBD from 10am to Noon
- TBD from Noon to 2pm
- TBD from 2pm to 4pm
- TBD from 4pm to 6pm
Many Del Ray Artisans members are juried into Art on the Avenue. Please be sure to visit their booths. Stay tuned for the 2017 list!
These are the members who participated 2016:
- Jennifer Allevato (Booth E21; Painting, paper)
- Rita Cohen, Rita Cohen: Weaver (Booth W139; Fiber, weaving)
- Kajal Dhabalia, Wholesome Soul (Booth W82; Painting, mixed media)
- Randy Estabrook, Brown Dog Clay Studio (Booth E162; Ceramics)
- Chris Fedderson, MacroFine Photography (Booth E136; Photography)
- Kate Gibney, Lucid Arts Jewelry (Booth W133; Jewelry)
- Monica Hokeilen (Booth E6; Painting)
- Kim S. Joy (Booth W172; Jewelry, glass)
- Stephen Lally, Turners and Burners (Booth E15; Ceramics, wood)
- Diana Papazian, Papazian Jewelry Designs (Booth E159; Jewelry)
- Ron Tickerhoff, Wolf Mountain Glass (Booth W190; Glass)
- Joyce Wagner, Reinvented Elegance (Booth W182; Jewelry, mosaics)
- Laura Whitaker, Hammered & Corked (Booth W26; Jewelry)
For more information on Art on the Avenue, visit: www.ArtOnTheAvenue.org
Inside the gallery, you’ll find the Captured Beauty! A Fine Art Photography Exhibition featuring art by local artists. The gallery is open until 9pm on Saturdays.
The 42nd Alexandria Turkey Trot is a 5-mile run/walk on Thanksgiving Day that follows the roads of Del Ray starting and ending at George Washington Middle School at the corner of Braddock Road and Mount Vernon Avenue.
The gallery is closed on Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 23, 2017), but open the remainder of the weekend. Visit the Friday-Sunday during gallery hours to check out the current show, Under $100.